20061017

Mdona hatin'

Because I, too, am not immune to the siren song of pop culture, I sometimes wander into the waters of bigger blogs like Defamer, and then I emerge making stuff like this:


(This is a satire (?) on a recent Gwyneth Paltrow ad campaign, where the blonde Oscar-not-deserver was smeared with Photoshop warpaint, above the words "I Am African." South African, maybe.)

For the record, I do not care for Madonna and never have. Oh, I've had my embarassing musical-theater moments, back as a 14-year-old; but I've disliked Madonna for years, ever since I realized she didn't write her own music, like other, better singer / songwriters. In college, the first other gay men I met gave me plenty of reason to find her distasteful.

"She reinvents herself!" they would mindlessly praise. Patently untrue: Madonna just reaches into what's been burbling in the underground for a while and drags it out into the light, where its original flavor is made bland by the glare of media attention. I hope she stays in England.

5 Comments:

Anonymous boo augustus said...

Oh please. That pointy bra was absoultely inspired! And the brushed aluminium cover on "Sex:" she literally looked into the future and forsaw the brushed chrome finish on every faucet and door knob in every townhome renovation and new condominium building in DC for the last 5 years!

Pure genius, I tell you.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Gaytrix said...

Such negativity!

Like her music or not, you have to appreciate her efforts to reach out to our community and embrace us like few in the entertainment industry have been willing to.

1:23 PM  
Blogger transuranic said...

I know, I know, I'm such a hater. Umm... I think the entire entertainment industry is made of fags. Except they're scared for their livelihood, so they'll never be publicly out. Like America wouldn't go see Jake Gyllenhaal and Matthew McConaughey make out...

4:11 AM  
Blogger transuranic said...

boo, are you saying Madonna had the original ideas for the album cover and pointy bra? cause I thought that was Gaulthier or something. I maintain she is only creates performances. And if Britney Spears can do it...

4:15 AM  
Anonymous boo augustus said...

I think Madonna just made the decision to wear the pointy bra on the outside. I think the pointy bra itself traces its roots to Mamie Van Doren adn high tensile underwire.

Twitney, she's just trailer trash that got lucky. At least Madonna had the sense and styl and class to adopt an affected English accent to go along with her success wealth.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home