20051109

The Venus Express. All aBOOOARD, bitches!



The Venus Express, the newest probe bound for our sister world, finally pulled out of the Baikonur Station (in The Kazakh Stan.) It's not often I can reference Big Eighties Hair bands that pertain to some millennial rocket launchins (I'm lookin' at you, Belinda Carlisle - "Heaven is a Place on Earth" sounds like an argument to disband the space program) but today, after a long wait for the launch, begins ... an even longer wait. Eh, what's a travel time of three months equal to in Venusian years?

I can't wait that long. Hobbitty little Transuranic is impatient! I want to see lead melt on the surface. I want to see what our own atmosphere might become, given enough deals on Hummers and Ford Escapes and enough years of avoiding the Kyoto Protocol. I want to see heavy metals rain down, like it would on our sister world, from a sky thicker than the hairsprayed locks of that center blond chick in Bananarama. (In high school, we called those "battle bangs".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home